Friday 22 November 2013

The Librarian's Skillbook

I'm going to challenge myself to look at a skill per week in the new year, taken from Hunt, Deborah and Grossman, David (2013) The Librarian's Skillbook: 51 essential career skills for information professionals. Would anyone like to join me? Some of the skills look like things I do anyway but others will be introducing a new skill or a refresher for something I don't often do in my work. Let me know if anyone fancies taking on the challenge too and we can use this blog to chat about the skills each week.

Linda Dawes ldawes@harlaxton.ac.uk

2 comments:

  1. This is an interesting idea Linda; I would like to join you but tried something similar myself over the summer and failed completely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I normally fail with things like this too, that's why I wanted some fellow librarians to keep me company. Go on, Tom - make it a New Year's resolution!

      Delete